Last updated october 2021
These terms are subject to change in the future.
In the following paragraphs, we hope to inform you about the following aspects regarding privacy:
- the collection and use of your personal data;
- how we safeguard your personal data;
- what your rights are;
- how you can always contact us if you have any further questions.
collection and use of personal data
The term “personal data” refers to any information about an identified physical person or a physical person that may be directly or indirectly identified.
The personal data that we may collect as you buy our products include:
- your contact details: name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and any other contact details you provide to us (including delivery address when you purchase our products online).
- your electronic identification data: this is the information that cookies collect.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device by websites you visit. Cookies are either “persistent cookies” or “session cookies.” Persistent cookies allow websites to remember your information and settings when you return to the website or interact with our services repeatedly. Persistent cookies also stay on your browser until you delete them or they expire. Session cookies only last for as long as your session and are erased when you close your browser. You can set your browser to refuse some or all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent to your computer. However, this may prevent our websites or services from working properly. You can also set your browser to delete cookies every time you finish browsing.
You can find a table with the types of cookies below:
TYPE OF COOKIE
WHAT IT DOES
WHAT IT COLLECTS/PURPOSE OF USE
Functional cookies ensure the proper and correct functioning of our website.
- it remembers the items you stored in your shopping bag;
- the data that you enter during the checkout;
- the payment method you provided;
- the delivery address (street name, number, postal code);
- your browser settings for optimal user experience;
- your login data if you wish to ‘remember me when I visit the website’
Analytical cookies collect statistics related to our website’s users (customers). Analytics technologies are primarily used to improve our products, services, and user experiences, including the operation and layout of our website.
- the number of visitors to our website, along with other comparable statistical information;
- data regarding the service called ‘google analytics’;
- data to optimize our website.
Marketing cookies show you personalized messages based on your online behavior.
- generate advertisements that are relevant to you;
- see if you place an order after you’ve seen or clicked on an advertisement;
- see if online advertisements trigger you to make a purchase on our website.
purposes of use personal data
The purposes of Laurette Cosmetics of using your personal data are:
- the performance of our agreement with you: In order to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, and to provide you with the products, services and information that you request, including managing and handling your requests, inquiries or complaints. this also includes enabling you to make a purchase of our products, to responding to your requests to provide customer service, respond to your inquiries, provide you with essential information regarding our products and services you request, etc.
- our legitimate commercial interests: We use your personal data as described above (both on aggregated and on individual basis) for the purpose of advertising our products and services, to contact you via e-mail, regular mail, social media or otherwise for direct marketing or other commercial purposes. we also use your personal data for analyzing and improving the quality of our products and services, such as providing you with customer services and aftersales, and to understand you as a customer (customer optimization). This enables us to assess what may interest you, to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others and to deliver relevant advertising. we may also use your personal data, for our other legitimate commercial interests such as to operate and expand our business activities; to develop and improve or modify our products and services; to generate aggregated statistics about the users of our products and services; to facilitate our business operations; to operate company policies and procedures; to enable us to make corporate transactions, such as any merger, sale, reorganization, transfer of Laurette’s assets or businesses, acquisition, bankruptcy, or similar event; or for other legitimate business purposes permitted by applicable law.
- the use of information based on your consent: If you haven’t purchased any product from us, we will only send you direct marketing communications (such as newsletters, promotions, news on products or service updates) via email, other electronic means, via telephone or via hardcopy mail (such as flyers), after we have received your consent to do so. Children under the age of 16 cannot legally give their consent. Instead, consent of their parent or legal guardian needs to be provided. You can withdraw your consent at any time. For more information regarding your rights, you can take a look at the ‘ your rights’ section below.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The third parties to whom the personal data is made available are obliged to treat your personal data confidentially. If these parties are regarded as ‘processors’ within the meaning of the privacy legislation, we will ensure that a data processing agreement is concluded with these parties that meet the requirements set out in the GDPR.
Your personal data may be included in the acquisition of Laurette Cosmetics, in whole or in part; a sale of some or all of Laurette Cosmetics; a merger or merger involvement; during a bankruptcy; dissolution or other transition of our business. This means that your personal data may be transferred to a new owner or successor entity to ensure that our services can be continued.
In order to provide our services, it may be necessary for us to transfer your personal data to a recipient in a country outside the European Economic Area that offers a lower level of protection of personal data than that provided by European legislation. In that case, Laurette Cosmetics BV will ensure that such a transfer of personal data is in accordance with applicable legislation, for example by concluding a model contract drawn up and approved for that purpose by the European Commission.
At Laurette Cosmetics we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Data is properly secured and safeguarded using the appropriate technical, physical, and organizational measures, so that your Data is protected against unauthorized or unlawful use, alteration, unauthorized access or disclosure, accidental or wrongful destruction, and loss.
We retain your Personal Data for as long as required to satisfy the purpose for which they were collected and used (for example, for the time necessary for us to provide you with customer service, answer queries or resolve technical problems), unless a longer period is necessary for our legal obligations or to defend a legal claim. In principle your Personal Data regarding our order fulfillment will be stored for a maximum of two years (24 months).
Subject to the conditions set forth in the applicable privacy law (such as the GDPR), you are entitled to exercise the following rights with regard to our processing of your Personal Data:
WHAT IT MEANS
right of access
you have the right to request confirmation if laurette cosmetics processes personal data about you, and if such is the case, access to the personal data and additional information.
article 15 gdpr
right to rectification
you have the right to ask laurette cosmetics to correct, adjust or complete your personal data or correct it yourself by updating your profile (‘my account’).
article 16 gdpr
right to withdraw consent
you have the right to revoke your consent for receiving marketing communications at any time, by following the instructions in any marketing communication.
article 7 par. 3 gdpr
right to be forgotten
you have the right to request the erasure of any irrelevant personal data we hold about you.
article 17 gdpr
right to restriction of data use
you have the right to restrict our use of your personal data where (i) you contest the accuracy of the personal data; (ii) the use is unlawful but you do not want us to erase the data; (iii) we no longer need the personal data for the relevant purposes, but you require them for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or (iv) you have objected to data use justified on our legitimate interests pending verification as to whether rituals has indeed compelling interests to continue the relevant data use.
article 18 gdpr
right to data portability
you have the right to receive all your personal data which you have provided Laurette Cosmetics in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
article 20 gdpr
right to object
you have the right to object to the extent that we are relying on our legitimate interests to use your personal data. upon your request, we must stop such processing unless we can either demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the use that override your interests, rights and freedoms or where we need to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
article 21 gdpr
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY